Vyrïl – Enhancement Shaman

Home Forums Applications Vyrïl – Enhancement Shaman

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Treetrunks 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Vyrïl
    Participant

Character Information
    Player Name: Vyrïl
    Players class / spec: Shaman
    Armory profile link:Link to Vyrïl – The Maelstrom EU
    Battletag: Vyril#2727
    Time played on character: 27 Days

Personal Information
    Email: [email protected]
    Where do you live (country): Harstad, Norway

Guild Information
    Previous guild: Myriad
    Reason for leaving previous guild: As much as it pains me to leave a guild I helped to create and form, I feel like it’s time to put my own ambitions in front of the ideology in Myriad. The guild has not become what I hoped it would be, and sadly I feel if I don’t leave, I will surely quit the game.

Describe your raiding experience: My raiding experience started amidst the expansion: The Burning Crusade. All of the progress stated below is experience acquired in their own expansions, but on different characters.
    TBC
    I started raiding in TBC on my Restoration druid. I joined mostly casual guilds and didn’t aim for any massive progression, so I did not get to experience the entirety of raiding in this expansion.
    Karazhan: 11/11
    Zul’Aman: 6/6
    Magtheridon’s Lair: 1/1
    Gruul’s Lair: 2/2
    Serpentshrine Cavern: 5/6
    Tempest Keep – The Eye: 2/4
    Hyjal Summit: 3/5
    Black Temple: 3/9
    Sunwell Plateau: 0/6

WotLK
    WotLK was the expansion i started to make an effort in experiencing content by stepping up my game in theorycrafting and long nights in game. A little after the release of Ulduar i had a long break and came back in time for TotGC. I played on my Druid at the start, then a Prot/Ret paladin and a Warlock at the end.
    Naxxramas 10 & 25: 15/15 (The Undying challenge in 10man completed)
    The Obsidian Sanctum 10 & 25: 1/1 (+3 drakes on both difficulties)
    Onyxia’s Lair 10 & 25: 1/1
    Eye of Eternity 10 & 25: 1/1
    Vault of Archavon: 4/4
    Ulduar 10: 11/14 (All hard modes up to Mimiron)
    Ulduar 25: 8/14 (Only Flame Leviathan tried Hard mode)
    Trial of the Crusader 10 & 10HC: 5/5 (Tribute to Skill)
    Trial of the Crusader 25: 5/5
    Icecrown Citadel 10: 5/12 (First 3 bosses, Sindragosa and Lich King)

Cataclysm
    Cataclysm gave me a slow start, the game seemed uninteresting at first, but after a quick break i decided to main my Orc Warlock to return to raiding. The expansion was overall a bit casual for me.
    Blackwing Descent: 6/6 (HC: 2/6)
    Bastion of Twilight: 4/4 (HC: 1/6)
    Throne of the Four Winds: 2/2 (HC: 0/2)
    Firelands: 6/7 (HC: 0/7)
    Dragon Soul: 8/8 (HC: 1/8)

Mists of Pandaria
    In this expansion, I created my Shaman and rolled Alliance. I spent most of the expansion doing PvP but raided a tiny bit on the side, but mostly LFR. I was restoration the entire expansion.
    Mogu’Shan Vaults: 0/6
    Heart of Fear: 0/6
    Terrace of Endless Spring: 0/4
    Throne of Thunder: 0/12
    Siege of Orgrimmar: 4/14 (1/14 HC, Garrosh to get the leveling weapon)

Warlords of Draenor
    Draenor started out great. I joined a guild with on Arathor and started raiding Highmaul the instant it came out.After a while the guild disbanded so I joined another guild with my friends. This has been an expansion that has really triggered my taste for more dedicated raiding. I played Restoration all the way up to Hellfire Citadel, so I’ve recently rolled DPS. I also played a Boomkin up to the release of BRF.
    Highmaul: 7/7 (6/7 HC)
    Blackrock Foundry: 7/10 (8/10 HC)
    Hellfire Citadel: 13/13 (13/13 HC, 2/13 Mythic)

For references to older raids on other characters, here are the armory links:
    Link to Druid from TBC,WotLK,WoD
    Link to Warlock from WotLK/Cata
    Paladin is sadly no longer with us :'(

How long have you been playing, have you taken any breaks and why?: I’ve been playing WoW since the release of TBC. I’ve had a couple of breaks: A little after Ulduar release in Wotlk i took a break for 4 months due to work, education and other real life issues. A month after Cata launch i quit for some months again because none of my friends were playing anymore. At the start of Warlords i also quit due to a guild disband, but returned shortly after.
    How did you hear of Macho Men?: I heard of you through the failed guild merge, sadly it did not work out.
    What do you expect of Macho Men?: This might sound stupid but I don’t expect anything of anyone of you. I have a rather negative look on expectations since it shackles someone to an idea of a personal preference. Although, what I “want”, is for everyone to follow the ethical rules which everyone else follows, in order to enjoy eachothers company.
    What defines a ‘successful’ guild raid run?: A strong and durable morale, not affected by the results of gameplay, but positively enforced by support and cooperation.
    Any people you know in Macho Men that can vouch for your personality and skill?:Sadly I do not, although I have raided with you once before. One raid is of course not enough to analyze my personality and skill, but you get a tiny idea 🙂

Anything else you would like us to know?
    Link to Scrshot of UI in Combat (With changes)
    Link to WarcraftLogs
    Link to WarcraftLogs
    Logs are from the raid with you, somehow they got a bit split up so i posted both.
    Addons:
    DBM
    Exorsus Raid Tools
    Iskar Assist
    Omen3
    RCLootCouncil
    Skada
    TellMeWhen
    WeakAuras2 (Not config’ed correctly yet)
    WiM
    ElvUI

If there’s any more information you need, feel free to ask! And i apologize for the long read, I always tend to go a bit overboard with applications.
    – Vyrïl

• This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Vyrïl.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Vyrïl.

Vyrïl
    Participant

It is also worth adding that the reason why I want to join you is an impression I got from the raid with you: You remind me so much of what WoW used to be like. Nowadays people tend to forget their manners online and that is something I hope this community can help me forget about.

Dorelei
    Keymaster

Hi Vyril! Will poke other officers, you’ll hear back from us today.

Vyrïl
    Participant

Hi there, and thank you for the quick reply. 🙂
    Alright, take your time ^^

Dorelei
    Keymaster

Application accepted. Whisper us for an invite when you’re ready :). Always nice to have someone join us that feels the same way about raiding as we do.

Treetrunks
    Participant

pene gutt, välkommen!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.