If you ever find yourself logging on on odd times of the day/week, make sure to not ignore skulls like this one:
Why you may ask? I spent around 20 minutes power-zerging rares in the vale (the skulls) and this is what I got:
– 5 motes of harmony;
– 5 Elixer of Wandering Spirits;
– 105 gold to vendor from cloaks and high-priced vendor items (or 5 * blues to disechant);
– 8 Golden Lotus, 20 Rain poppy, 40 Green Tea Leaf and 16 Silkweed worth about 550 gold on the Auction House;
– 5 stacks of Ghost Iron Ore, 5 White Trillium Ore and 2 Black Trillium ore, worth about 320 gold on the Auction House;
– 3 stacks of Spirit Dust, worth 90 gold;
– 3 bolts and a stack of Windwool Cloth, worth about 70 gold.
In total that is: 1135 gold, for 20 minutes of killing rares… not bad eh?
Wonder where you can find the rares in the Vale of Eternal Blossom? Install an addon like NPC Scan, which puts overlays on the map below (as you can see on the picture).
These rares were originally daily quest mobs from the Golden Lotus dailies. Some didn’t spawn for months. With the launch of 5.4 they basically spawn every hour. The corresponding achievement hasn’t changed though: